We all have set a goal at one time or another. Or maybe someone set a goal for you–like at work or in school. Goals are great and helpful, but what happens BEFORE you set a goal is critical to the probability of achievement. Dr. Randy calls it “Intention.” Intention goes to the WHY of your goals and your actions necessary to attain your goal.
Today Dr. Randy begins a new three-part study to help you deal with the hazards of an “Intention deficit” and the benefits of properly focusing on the “why” of your goals. It’s part one of “Overcoming an Intention Deficit” on today’s program.
Dr. Randy’s guest for a portion of the program today is Pete Walsh, a longtime successful businessman who now coaches and mentors others as they develop as leaders. He’s a passionate guy who really “gets” the whole concept of Intention Living. (See more about Pete below.)
We’d love to hear from you! Join the Intentional Living conversation at 1-888-888-1717. You can also comment on THIS PAGE (below), weigh in with your thoughts and questions on our Facebook page, and you can follow us on Twitter @DrRandyCarlson.
Our Gift To You When You Become a Member!
The New Member Kit contains a great jump start to living an Intentional Life! It includes TWO of Dr. Randy’s bestselling books, autographed!
The Power of One Thing (book)
- Living a better life is easier than you think! Instead of making big resolutions that quickly overwhelm you, The Power of One Thing invites you to begin moving toward change one daily, intentional step at a time.
- You’ll learn how to figure out which positive change can make the biggest payoff in your life; you’ll get practical tips from those who have already benefited from this plan; and you’ll see how your one thing, lived intentionally over time, will help you to achieve the dreams you’d almost given up on.
Starved for Affection (book)
- Love is the main component that binds a marriage together, but it doesn’t end there. Sharing affection allows a couple to perceive that love. In Starved for Affection, Dr. Randy Carlson teaches why affection is so important and how to develop that essential, active ingredient in marriage: the affection that demonstrates love for each other and makes a marriage the rich experience every couple craves.
This Month’s Coaching CD: Overcoming an Intention Deficit
- Dr. Randy often describes the Intentional Living process as beginning with Focusing on Godly goals. But what needs to happen even BEFORE you get to the goal-setting process? It’s all about INTENTION. Intention is the “why” to the goal. Once you nail down the “why” then you can effectively proceed with pursuing the goal. Because if you don’t know WHY a goal is worth setting or an action is worth doing you then have an Intention Deficit and the effort doesn’t become nearly as productive or fulfilling.
The “One Thing” Wristband
- It’s a simple reminder that the most intentional way to approach every day is by focusing on the “next right One Thing.”
Dr. Randy’s Guest Today: Pete Walsh
Pete joins Dr. Randy for a portion of the program today. Find out more about Pete right here. And right here.
For over 20 years, Pete Walsh has been helping people reach new levels of results by mixing fun, hard work, and an unwavering commitment to personal development.
Pete provides Executive and Business Coaching for leaders and teams that are committed to reaching the highest levels of business results and personal satisfaction. His ‘Peak Compass’ process enables teams to:
- Clearly identify what matters most about their work together
- Create individual and group commitments that transform results
- Develop authentic leadership and communication
- Build sustainable learning communities
Pete is known for his ability to generate trust and be able to help participants hold very frank and meaningful dialogues. As a gifted Master Certified Coach and facilitator, Pete is able to remain very flexible in allowing conversations to follow what the client needs rather than a pre-planned program.
in 60 Seconds!
What is Intentional Living?
At Intentional Living, we have a passion to help people live intentionally in the five essential areas of life: Faith, Relationships, Health, Finances and Work. We’re motivated by our God-given mission, vision and message.
Family Life Communications is a Biblical, Christ-centered communications ministry dedicated to igniting transformation by affirming faith, inspiring hope and equipping each person into healthy relationships and growth in Christ.
To see individuals, families, churches and nations of the world transformed – as evidenced by individuals living an intentional life in Christ.
Note: If you need counseling for yourself or your marriage but you don’t know who to call, you might try the referral services of Focus on the Family (800-232-6459) or the American Association of Christian Counselors (800-526-8673).